Kale - What to Do With It!
Recipe for Category Food Tips, Hints & Articles
Contributed by Urban Harvest
First the "why"...kale is not only incredibly nutrient-packed, it's also easy and tasty to eat!
* Remove the center stalk/stem of the kale - wash and shake the kale leaves, and rip the leaf off in chunks from the stem.
* Steam or saute the kale with just the water clinging to the leaves until just tender, but still brightly colored (approx. 5 minutes).
* Add a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice, and fresh herbs (fresh chopped dill and crushed garlic are particularly nice).
* Or try it Asian style with a sprinkle of tamari (or soy sauce) and toasted sesame seeds.
* If you're in a rush, it's just as tasty with just a dab of butter (for non-vegans).
* For finicky eaters (child or adult!), try chopping kale (or other greens) very finely, and mixing into garlic mashed potatoes or yams...who could resist?!