Urban Harvest Job Posting: Administrative Assistant (aka In Search of a New Shauna!)
Added on February 7, 2021
Shauna is moving on…and after 2 years of amazing dedication and valuable contributions, we are grateful for her time here and (almost!) ready to see her spread her wings! We are looking to add a new spark and a fresh face to our Urban Harvest team.
Urban Harvest is an organic produce delivery service in Kelowna, BC. We are a small, community-focused business, striving to take care of our relationships to the earth and the humans on it, while taking care of business. We source locally first and ensure that farmers, and our employees, are paid fairly for their valuable work. We reduce food and other waste wherever we can, and we regularly donate food and offer other support to local community organizations. Our service is designed to be affordable and accessible to as many as possible. Employees are welcomed as whole individuals and valued team members, not just workers. We expect strong effort and dedication, and in return, we offer human consideration and flexibility.
The Administrative Assistant position is permanent, consisting of 28-32 hours/week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. There is potential to increase hours in the office, and/or add extra hours covering for other employees. This position offers a competitive wage, a weekly organic food bonus, an annual “healthy living bonus”, and a friendly and flexible home office working environment (you will rarely need to dress up to come to work!). Extended health + dental benefits will apply after 90 days.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
• Proficient in MS Office (particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook Express) and Sage accounting software
• Database and website knowledge would be an asset, marketing experience/community outreach would also be an asset
• Detail-oriented and motivated to perform to a high standard
• Excellent written and oral communication, with consistently accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation, and a warm, friendly, professional tone
• A positive, friendly team player, respectful of others, and willing to comply with all COVID-19 cautionary measures
• A quick learner and creative thinker
• Able to prioritize tasks and multi-task
• Physically able to sustain sitting and working at the computer for extended periods, and practice self-care to enhance resiliency
• Available to work at least 1 Saturday per month
• Reliable, responsible, and able to commit for 2+ years.
• Willing to help fill in at the warehouse from time to time.
• Interested in organic food/farming and health/wellness on a personal level; experience doing related work would be an asset
If this sounds like the type of team you would like to join, and you are a strong, independent, competent, person who would thrive in a small home-based office environment, with room to apply your ideas and talents, please get in touch! Applicants may email resumes, along with a detailed letter of interest to the attention of Lisa McIntosh (Owner) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why you think this job is a good fit for you, and vice versa! Please include references. (Only complete applications will be considered.)